ISO14001:2015 is the internationally recognized standard for Environmental Management System (EMS). It is designed to address the delicate balance between maintaining profitability and reducing your company’s environmental impact. It will help your company to be more environmental friendly by showing you how to allocate time and resources more efficiently, measure your consumption and reduce waste.
By effectively reducing, reusing and recycling, your company will benefit by making tangible cost savings, reduce your environmental impact and enhance your environmental credentials. Whether you have a contractual requirement or are looking to streamline your environmental processes, implementing an effective environmental system offers a clearly structured and systematic approach to assist in achieving your objectives and aims. ISO14001:2015 is also a proven business winner with regards to pre qualification questionnaires and gaining more business.
Where Industrial revolution brought prosperity to various countries and communities it has also had adverse impact on local ecosystems. Be it Carbon emissions, toxic waste from factories, spillages, radioactive dump, noise, carbon footprints lead to significant consequences towards environment with impacts on the ecosystem, rising sea levels and temperatures, destruction of habitat and natural resources. We are only beginning to experience the brunt as rammifications of our economic activities in the form of run away global warming, food and water shortages, flash floods, abherrent weather patterns, etc.
It has been proven that there is a 95% chance that the increase in global warming is due to human activity. As once marsh lands and rain forests turn into barren wastelands and concrete jungles it is the need of the hour for us to be introspective as a species and develop conscientious sustainable development models that are long lasting and ensure the survival of our species. It is imperative not just from an organization’s perspective but is now a major compliance requirement from governmental, non-governmental organizations, regulators and other stakeholders to implement best practices in Environmental sustainability so that we may ensure that any Economic growth is essentially sustainable and leaves little or no undesirable impacts on our ecosystem.
ISO 14001:2015 aims at creating sustainable business solutions that conscientiously and proactively monitor and mitigate the impacts of their business operations on the environment. Ideal Vision Consulting’s advisory solutions for ISO 14001:2015 consulting attempt to harmonize an organizations processes by developing their processes, documentation, through their ISO 14001 trainings and ISO 14001 consulting support for ISO 14001 certification support.
Ideal Vision Consulting will support you all the way from conducting the ISO 14001:2015 GAP analysis to conducting the awareness training and capacity building, ISO 14001:2015 Documentation, ISO 14001:2015 implementation, Internal Audit, management review and certification support.
Ideal Vision consulting has experience with getting the clients certified from some of the largest and most prestigious certification bodies recognized globally like DNV, Bureau Veritas, BSI, Lloyds, Atlas Inspection and testing, RICI, SGS etc. With Ideal Vision consulting services 100% success is guaranteed for all your ISO implementation and system development needs.
Key features of ISO 14001:2015
- Context of Organization: Identifying the internal and external context of the Organization with respect to the extent, breadth, depth and scope of implementation by collating and structuring the processes around the requirements of Internal stake holders and external requirements like legislative, legal, requirements from principals, employees, externally provided goods and services, regulators, independent agencies and other interested parties.
- Environmental Risk Framework (Aspects/Impacts): The revised standard like its previous iteration requires organizations to develop a comprehensive Risk Management framework in order to identify the aspects, which may potentially impact the outcome of an organization’s processes and mitigate those impacts with respect to the environment. The difference is that now organizations are required to extrapolate those impacts based on the organization’s context, external and internal issues.
- Common High Level Structure: The ISO 14001:2015 Certification standard is designed based on a common high level management standards structure (MSS) called Annex SL which serves as a common framework for integrating and interpreting other ISO standards.
- Documented Information: Given the recent advances in automation within organizations ISO 14001:2015 Certification standard has removed the requirement for Control of documents and control of records and replaces those clauses with ‘documented Information’. Since, many organizations rely on automated cloud based systems and/or comprehensive ERP and CRM solutions, the need for maintaining copious amount of paper work has been made redundant as long as those requirements are being met by their automated processes.
- Leadership: ISO 14001:2015 Certification standard now requires leadership to take a proactive role in establishing responsibilities and authorities for the success and failure of systems. The need for a QMR has been removed and instead the standard focuses on establishing leadership roles across the board to be initiated by the leadership of the organization and cascaded down to the level of frontline managers, supervisors and employees.
- Knowledge Management: Initially a requirement of the EFQM Model and Total Quality Management (TQM) the standard now requires to organizations to maintain the explicit and tacit information of an organization as its cumulative knowledge and wisdom over the tenure of its existence and experiences.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015 Consulting and Certification
- Gives confidence to an organization’s customers, prospects, stakeholders, regulators, etc. that the organization is committed to developing sustainability in its core operation and preservation of the environment.
- Controlling the environmental impact resulting from its business activities.
- Tangible Cost reduction as a result of optimization of resources and efficient processes.
- Identifying the impacts through the entire lifecycle of product realization and creating contingencies to avoid or reduce those impacts as a result.
- Reduction of wastage.
- Control of pollution and preservation of biodiversity.
- Certification to the international standard can be used a marketing and communications tool that adds to an organization’s goodwill and brand recognition.
- Proactive approach towards problem solving as a result of Risk Based Thinking and resultant process controls that ensure reduced process variations and more effective controls.
- A distinctive lead over competitors who may not have ISO 14001 certification.
- Removal of a barrier to working with many organizations, e.g. government and local authorities.
- Some larger bodies even make it a requirement to get on their tender list.
ISO 14001:2015 Services Provided by Ideal Vision Consulting
Ideal Vision provides several consulting and training solutions for ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems trainings, transition and advisory solutions like:
ISO 14001:2015 Training Solutions
- ISO 14001:2015 Awareness Training
- ISO 14001:2015 Transition training
- ISO 14001:2015 Implementation Master class
- ISO 14001:2015 Risk Assessment training
- IRCA Registered ISO 14001:2015 Auditor/Lead Auditor Training
ISO 14001:2015 Consulting Solutions
- Environmental Management Systems turn-key Consultancy Services.
- EMS Audit Support First Party, Second Party and Third Party.
- Integration with other Management System Standards.
- System Review and Improvement Support.